Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully,
as unless otherwise stated these terms and conditions
apply to the complete website
We reserve the right to delete any article(s) and/or data as we see fit without explanation or prior notice.
Any disputes regarding this site will be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom and an English court.
We will not be held responsible for, and make no guarantee as to the availability of, any individual page or the site as a whole.
Packing and Carriage:
Packing and Carriage at cost - minimum charge £3.50, maxiumum (up to 10kg) £8.50 for UK orders
(See 'Delivery Information' page via Menu at bottom of page)
Having packed your order, we want to ensure it reaches you promptly.
Due to recent postal charge increases, it is now more economic to send consignments weigh 1 kg or over by carrier - usually City Link next day service. They will need a signature when delivering. If there is nobody at home to sign, we can always send to your place of work
Notification of Non Delivery:
Please note: In accordance with our Carriers' terms and conditions, notification of non delivery must be made as follows:
For UK destinations: Within 20 days of placing order.
For Overseas destinations: Within 34 days of placing order.
Products and Prices:
We can supply direct world-wide.
All products and prices shown in the Products section of this web site are subject to change without prior notice.
These will will allowed at the discretion of C&L
Those granted an account must agree to these conditions, by ticking the Terms & Conditions box at the end of the Checkout procedure. By ticking the box you agree that these condition form the basis of a contract between yourself and C&L Finescale Modelling Limited. C&L withhold the right to cancel the trade account of anyone who in their opinion, has not abided by these conditions.
1) Account Holders are required to place orders through the C&L website, and will not be accepted by any other means, except at the discretion of C&L where a Trader does not have internet facilities. In these circumstances the Trader must sign these Terms and Conditions and return a copy to C&L prior to making their first order via phone or letter.
2) Items that C&L sell to Account Holders must under no circumstances be advertised or sold to the public at Trade Shows where C&L have a stand, for less than the C&L Retail Price, as shown on their web site. Other than this one restriction Account Holders may charge what Retail Price they like.
3) A Traders Discount ranging from between 5% up to 35% will be given against the Net Price of some products, The level of discount reflects the costs to C&L in providing the product, and is determined on a product by product basis. (There is no longer one discount available across the whole range as in previous arrangements). Some products have no discounts available. The discounted price of each product is displayed on the web site and is only available to Account Holders who have registered and been granted access to the Trader/Model Shops section of the C&L web site
4) There is no minimum order.
5) Shipping will be charged on all orders.
Within the UK the minimum charge will be £3.50 with a maximum of £8.50, with the actual amount charged based on the weight of the products ordered, unless the order contains chemicals/fluxes and or rail/track in meter lengths, in which case it has to be sent with the courier at a cost of £8.50. Orders in excess of 10kg in weight will be charged at the rate paid to the courier & £2.
Outside of the UK, quotes will be obtained and Account Holders will be offered one or more shipping service and price, it being their decision which option they then choose.
6) Our mistakes – where C&L have sent item(s) in error, they will pay for the shipping to return them and to send out the replacement.
7) Your mistakes – where an Account Holder orders the wrong item(s) by mistake, they will be charged the shipping to send the replacement. Any unwanted items can be returned to C&L with the costs being covered by C&L at the discretion of C&L.
8) Invoices & Payments – Invoices will be sent out with each order
Traders based in the UK who have not bought from C&L since 1 July 2011 will need to settle their first two accounts in full prior to shipment, using the online Credit/Debit card option, or by Cheque or Bank Transfer. Thereafter Invoices will need to be paid within 30 daysfrom the date on the Invoice. (Please Note - This is a change from previous conditions)
For Traders outside the UK, all orders will need to be paid for in full (including the shipping costs) prior to the order being dispatched
(Please Note - These are both changes from previous C&L Conditions).
9) Faulty/Damaged Products - These will be replaced by C&L at no cost to the Account Holder